Hi Everyone -
I missed you!
After driving a 14 hour day and a 16 hour day, we're back from vacation. (And my kids are amazing travelers - not a single complaint about being in the car!)
As I unpack and get things back to some sense of order, I thought I'd jot down a few thoughts from my trip.
1) I missed white. I didn't take it, because I didn't want to worry about getting dirty. But I felt less crisp and more frumpy without it.
2) On that note, I really am not yet in a happy place with my summer wardrobe. Most of what I took and wore, I didn't end up liking much. Good excuse to shop, eh?
3) While hiking, I especially noticed what others wore. There were the casual hikers like me, that mostly just wore some sort of jean shorts and a tee, there were people in stylish gear, and people in serious gear (light colored long pant and long sleeved shirt - both in linen, I think, so very cool on a warm day). I may have been the only person without a hat. But the ones who caught my eye as looking especially fantastic were those who wore lipstick. I think I want an spf lipstick.
4) I'm loving the big top silhouette, at least on others, and am more motivated than ever to figure out a way to wear it. I especially liked the sheer swimsuit-cover-up dresses that I saw on the beaches. Big and flowy - I want to figure it out.
5) I need a bright color to feel cheery. My all-grey and grey-blue outfits just didn't pack much punch unless I added my orange jacket - but it was generally too warm to do so.
And that's it for now. Back to unpacking and laundry!