Since starting my 'small closet challenge', or whatever I'm calling it today, about a month ago, I've started to notice some trends:
- I don't want to wear patterns every day- maybe 2-3 times a week, max. Thus I'm dividing wears between my patterned clothes (1 dress and four tops). I may need to purge a couple of them.
- I don't want to wear tee shirts. I have one tee shirt (the BethAnn tee) in regular rotation. I'm keeping one sentimental one (which I'm questioning too now), and all others have been purged or demoted to painting or lounge wear.
- There's still a few unworn items in my closet - for over a month now, they've sat there, and I keep thinking that I'll wear them, but I don't. It's probably time for them move down to the basement thrift store.
- I might be over most bright colors? My BethAnn tee is bright, and I'm wearing plenty of white, but other than that, my pink capris got worn once, my green shorts not at all, and my raspberry mesh sweater once. I also wore an orangey coral shirt once (and purged it today. It's too big), and a red dress once (also purged).
- What I did wear: black, white and blue. A tiny bit of gray, and cognac belt and sandals.
It's time I started to plan for fall. I'm thinking that my long-sleeved tees may soon be on the chopping block, but I should save some for layering. I wonder if I'll want to wear prints in winter, or if texture will substitute. I'm kind of thinking that I want my style to shift a little more polished than it has been lately, and as such, probably don't need more than ten pairs of jeans - time to try on and purge there.
Any suggestions as I plan for fall?