I know, June is over, but I'm still working through my June challenge. The challenge was to photograph every outfit, rate outfits and items, purge what doesn't work, and make capsules of what does.
My hot-weather casual capsule is here, and I'm happy with it. Of course, since posting that, our weather has been definitely moderate, not too hot. I need a moderate temps capsule.
Here's my favorite moderate-temp outfits from June and vicinity.
- I have more variety in moderate temp outfits than in hot-temp outfits
- Moderate temp outfits tend to be less casual for me (partly because church is the most air-conditioned place I go)
- Moderate temp outfits can contain one hot-temp piece with one slightly warmer piece and usually still suit me well.
- Skirts and dresses are generally not warm enough for me in moderate temps, so there's less silhouette variety (I'm fine with that).
- My style in the moderate temps is less well defined.
As far as a capsule - I think this really goes in to two. Smart casual in #1-3 and just plan casual in #4+ (veering to very casual in #8-#9).
My favorite is #1, and I felt the most "like me" in 6, 8 and 9.
I think I'll call my moderate weather casual capsule this:
- boyfriend jeans (#8-9)
- skinny jeans (#4, #7)
- mesh sweaters (I have three, but the only one shown is #6)
- all my hot weather rolled sleeve tops (#1-3, #7-9), but with longer bottoms
- Striped top (#4)
And my moderate weather smart casual capsule this:
- capris (#1, #2, and I also have a black pair and a bright pink pair)
- all my hot weather rolled sleeved tops (#1-3, #7-9)
- black moto vest topper (I have two other vest toppers to try)
- occasionally a jacket topper (#1, or black moto jacket or jean jacket)
My moderate weather capsules mix nicely with my hot weather capsule to account for just about the whole range of summer temps.
Still to be analyzed/shown: Hot weather smart-casual wear.
What are your thoughts? What will make my summer style more coherent and more "me"? Do you see holes in this moderate-weather capsule? (My hot weather capsule still has a couple of holes - those are on the previous post)